Wednesday 9 April 2014

She gives him all the important things he needs: Dress 8

This dress is a Butterick 4758 again with a circle skirt. The fabric is an amazing array of Licorice Allsorts and was a gift from my amazing Mum! Yay!
I've altered the neckline of the bodice so there's no gaping and have discovered that zips probably are better under the arm but not right up to the edge!

I seem to be making a habit of lining my dresses with leftover fabric from previous makes so this dress is lined in the hot air balloon fabric I bought to make a New Look 6886 pattern.
I cut the pattern out one evening and sewed up the bodice the next- I'm
Pleased to be getting a bit quicker!
My paper pattern is the sewing bee book circle skirt pattern from series 1. I have added to it however as modern patterns simply aren't long enough for my vintage tastes.
I'm really pleased with the finished result of this one!!
I've named this dress the Kelly dress. It's a long story.... Basically, my Mum (pictured!) bought the fabric which is Bassetts Licorice Allsorts right. My Mums sister's surname is Bassett and my Mum's maiden name was Kelly so there you go! Two sisters in one dress!


Needless to say I wore the Kelly on Mothers Day!

Will be making more if my new improved Butterick patterns I think!
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave me a comment below! Xx