Tuesday 1 April 2014

A wife of noble character who can find: Dress 7

think I love polka dots. Really I do; they're so ultimately chic and retro! This time I've gone for classic black After the frustration of No Cream I've looked very hard at the Simplicity 2444 bodice and decided to allow more side seam allowance and move the zip to the side as opposed to the back.

I had enough of the Russian Romans dress fabric to line the bodice and have opted for a mash up of the Simplicity bodice and the half circle skirt from my New Look 6886 pattern which I think has worked really well. 



As I've moved the zip to the side I can only fit one pocket on the dress so that will just have to do!

I'm delighted with the finished result and after listening to lots of U2 while sewing this dress (the Singles album we bought in Australia a few years ago) have decided to name it the 'Wakehurst Parkway' dress in honour of the road we used to derive up and down to visit my lovely brother & his crew on Sydney's Northern Beaches.

I especially like it with my red shoes!!

Xx

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love your dresses and I love that you are lining them with the remnants of other dresses - how fun!

    As to my comment on fitting - it's not that I can't do it. It's just due to my current weight, I prefer not to. :( g

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a comment below! Xx